Rolling Hills Day Camp - Camper Information
The Emergency Form (PDF) must be completed in full and turned in on your child's first day of camp, one form per child.
**Please note that any camper who hits another camper will be dismissed immediately**
Drop Off / Pick Up
Camp Begins at 9:15 a.m. and ends at 4:15 p.m. If you need to bring your child prior to 9:15 a.m. or pick them up after 4:15 p.m., you must pre-register and pay for pre-camp and/or post-camp.
As you enter Rolling Hills, please stop at the gatehouse and inform the staff member you are dropping off/picking up for day camp. Continue through the traffic circle past the water park and take the first driveway to the left to drop your camper off at the park Lodge.
We record each camper's arrival and departure each day and verify the identity of who picked them up. When picking up any child you will be asked to show identification to ensure the safety of each child at camp. We appreciate your cooperation with this procedure.
What to Bring to Camp
- A backpack or small duffel bag to carry items
- Reusable water bottle - we drink water all day!
- Swimsuit and towel
- Sunscreen is a must since we are not responsible for sunburn!
- Non-perishable sack lunch, a drink and snacks. All food items will remain in the child's personal backpack
- Sweatshirt or windbreaker for those occasional cool, windy days
- Campers should wear tennis hoes or walking at all times. Flip flop/sandals are only to be worn at the water park.
- Please label items with your child's name.
- Life jacket (if needed). Though we ask if your child needs a life jacket on our emergency form, the life jackets at the water park are first-come, first-served and there is no guarantee that a life jacket will be available at the time Day Camp visits the water park. If your child needs a life jacket, we ask that you bring one to camp to ensure your child has one when we visit the water park.
What Not to Bring to Camp
- Portable music players and DVD players
- Video games
- Anything that would not be allowed at school
- Anything of significant value to you or your child
Campers will not have access to a refrigerator or microwave. We encourage campers to bring waste-free lunches and snacks. A waste-free lunch is one where every item or wrapper can be eaten, reused, or recycled. Campers are not allowed to share food.
Water Park Visits
Camp will visit the water park 3 times per week. Generally on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays, but some days are rescheduled due to weather. Each camper will be given a swimming test at the beginning of our first water park visit each week. If the camper does not pass the swimming test, access to the water park will be limited to certain areas. Retests will not be given.
In the event of a Tornado Warning for the Rolling Hills Park area (Eastern Washtenaw County), parents should come pick their child up from camp immediately. It is our policy to evacuate all guests and close the park if a tornado warning is issued for our area. If we are unable to evacuate all campers, staff will remain with them in our designated safety locations throughout the park until the warning is lifted.
Each camper will receive a camp T-shirt on Monday morning. We ask the children to wear this camp shirt each day. This helps counselors easily recognize the children they are responsible for. Additional T-Shirts are available to purchase for $5 each.
Special Instruction Slips
These forms (located at check-in) are to be completed and handed to camp staff, in the morning, when the child will be picked up early or you have other special instructions for the camp staff to aware of.
Monday Morning Camper Orientation
At the beginning of each week, we will divide the campers into small groups according to age and hand out camp T-shirts. We will also share our expectations with campers of what they can and cannot do while they are at camp. Some of our rules include having respect for each other, being good listeners, and being kind to one another. We also talk about nature preservation and the prohibition of items brought to camp that would represent a danger to anyone. After this short meeting, we will begin a great week of summer camp!
- Can my child just eat lunch at the Water Park Concession Stand on the days Camp goes swimming?
- How will Camp Counselors communicate with me?
- I forgot to pack my child a lunch - what do I do?
- If my child leaves something at Camp, where could it be found?
- What do I do if a person other than myself needs to pick up my child?
- What if my child is going to be late or not attending Camp?
- What if my child is sick?
- What should I do if I am picking my child up early from Camp?
- Will my child be watching movies?