Home Recycling Resources
Most areas of Washtenaw County offer some form of recycling services. Please contact your municipal office for the most up-to-date information on what is available to residents in your area.
- Turning Trash into Treasure: A comprehensive guide to help you find out how to get rid of hard-to-dispose-of household items, such as appliances, motor oil, antifreeze, computers, furniture and more.
- Fluorescent Bulb Recycling: There are several places to recycle your used fluorescents within Washtenaw County.
- Computer Recycling: Learn about the environmental and public health issues related to disposing computers as well as recycling options available to County residents.
- Electronic Waste Recycling: Locations for recycling electronics other than computers, such as cell phones and iPods.
- Composting: Learn about how you can start composting in your household today!
- Best Buy Electronic Trade in Program: Best Buy offers an electronic trade-in program at each of their retail locations, in which customers are able to trade in their outdated electronics for a Best Buy gift card. This program is designed to help reduce e-waste by giving people incentives to safely dispose of their old electronics. If someone brings in trade-in items that are broken or have no value, Best Buy offers to take these items and recycle them.
- Recycle Ann Arbor Recovery Yard (formerly Calvert's Roll-Off Containers, Inc.): Services include document shredding, drop-off recycling, drop-off disposal, construction and demolition debris recycling, roll-off container service and stationary compactor services.
- Recycle Ann Arbor Regional Drop-off Station: Open to all county residents. Recycle Ann Arbor operates Washtenaw County's most comprehensive regional Drop-off Station (DOS). The DOS is a fully staffed facility open six days a week year-round. The facility is funded through a partnership between Washtenaw County, the City of Ann Arbor and Pittsfield Township.
- Western Washtenaw Recycling Authority (WWRA): A non-profit public recycling program that provides convenient recycling drop-off centers to the Townships of Bridgewater, Dexter, Lima, Lyndon, Manchester and Sylvan, as well as weekly curbside recycling pick-up to the Village of Manchester and the City of Chelsea.