The Washtenaw County Trial Court is live with E-Filing!
E-Filing is mandatory for attorneys starting 1/13/20 on these current case types
All Case Types
- ALL separately captioned documents must be filed as separate documents in a bundle.
For example: Notice of Motion Hearing, Motion and Brief are three separate documents in the same bundle. For more information please click here.
- A Notice of Motion Hearing form is required to schedule a hearing. Please contact Central Assignment at (734) 222-3383 for a hearing date prior to filing the Notice of Motion Hearing form.
- A separate Proof of Service is not needed if the other party/parties are registered users of the MiFILE system and are selected to receive service at the time of filing within MiFILE.
- To be accepted as a Verified Contact in MiFILE, requester(s) must be a party to the case or an attorney of record. For additional information on email notifications, please see "MiFILE Email Notifications".
- A separate current summons document is required at the time a complaint is filed. For the most recent summons, please click here.
- When entering address information, please refrain from entering the full name of the firm and/or business and any c/o information. The party name (that will become the case caption) and mailing address are the only elements needed and required. Entering more than the required information will cause a delay in processing documents.
Domestic Case Types
- Verified Statement, Notice of Order of Filiation, Judgment Information Form and Application for IV-D Child Support Services cannot be e-filed. Please deliver these documents to the FOC/Domestic Court Services Department or mail to the following address:
Washtenaw County Friend of the Court
PO Box 8645
Ann Arbor, MI 48107
- If a Proposed Order requires Friend of the Court approval, filer(s) must obtain the approval prior to e-filing.
- Required mediation packets for Judges O'Brien and Conlin can be obtained here:
Domestic Mediation Packet
Please feel free to visit the links below for information provided by MiFILE:
- MiFILE Filer Information
- Rollout Strategy
- Court Rules and e-Filing Standards
- MiFILE Resources
- Training Videos and Guides
- Training Schedule (attorneys: please sign up for training if you are not already using MiFILE)
- Ongoing Support
- Getting Involved - Click here to get up-to-date information directly from SCAO
- MiFILE Login Page